Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Los Angeles Still Amazes Me

Southern California still manages to amaze me from time to time. Although I've started getting use to seeing billboards in Chinese along the 60 freeway in Rowland Heights, I was still stunned to see a full on McDonalds ad in Chinese as if you lived in Taiwan/Hong Kong/China and not in the U.S.. By putting a sign up like this, it means you are neglecting the non-Chinese reading population that drives by the 60 freeway every morning, and instead targeting the few who do. Of course, this means the marketing staff from McDonalds must have thought the money spent on it is worthwhile. I sometimes forget that I actually live in A-m-e-r-i-c-a.


On the other hand, because I work in East Los Angeles, what do I get to eat? The BEST Mexican food. Sure Mexican food is readily available everywhere, but East LA tends to have authentic and fresh lunch trucks that carry seafood tostada and shrimp tacos. I finally convinced myself that there are some perks for working in the ghetto.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: