Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I've Loved You So Long - Tell Me About It

I admit that sometimes I'm not always excited to receive my Netflix movie. Especially when it's been so long since I added them to my queue that I completely don't recognize the movie when it comes to my mail. "I've Loved You So Long" was one of them, and has been collecting dust for at least 2 months now. I finally went ahead and pushed myself to watch it last night, and OMG... What a surprise.

First, a brief Netflix summary of the movie:
"After more than a decade apart, estranged sisters Juliette (Kristin Scott Thomas) and Lea (Elsa Zylberstein) try to rebuild their fractured relationship. But the task is hardly easy, considering Juliette's past. She's been in jail for 15 years -- for killing someone. As she settles into small-town life with Lea's family, the locals can't help but talk. Philippe Claudel's feature film debut garnered him a Golden Globe nomination for Best Foreign Language Film."

The directing and acting in this film was just phenomenal. From an acting stand point, the actors used very few words to say so much. Each glance, each gesture just showed so much history and relationship between them. Story was quite interesting as well, and the answers were slowly given to throughout the film so that you can discover that the characters were going through. Definitely worth your time!

No comments: