Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Destruction to Construction

So the house that I grew up in is finally on it's going through destruction, and on it's way to construction. 85% of the interior will look completely different because the floors, walls, appliances are all stripped bare. There will be one new bedroom, two new bathrooms, and one new family room. I don't think it'll be recognizable anymore.

For some reason, I'm no longer attached to this house, and have no feeling about the reconfiguration and addition, other than sadness that it is costing so much to rebuild. Much of it has to do with the fact that I've been more than ready to grow out of that part of my life. I'm ready to move forward. At the end of the day, I hope it's going to worthwhile.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

There's been so many memories by so many in that home that I'll definitely miss its former self. But I can't wait to see the place after it's done. We'll jut have to make new and wonderful memories.

Unknown said...

hey, u may not have an emotional connection to that house, but i do! i felt sad looking at the pictures. an end to our youth.