Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

Am I A Dilettante?

dil⋅et⋅tante
–noun
1. a person who takes up an art, activity, or subject merely for amusement, esp. in a desultory or superficial way; dabbler.
2. a lover of an art or science, esp. of a fine art.

Basically it refers to a person who likes to learn a little of everything but never becomes good at any one thing. I think I'm that person!!! OUCH! I mean from directing, to acting, to hip hop, to Pilates, to tennis, to swimming, to running, to photography, to trying racquetball, and now even considering Kendo. I think all this is leading me to a lot of no-where's. Okay so maybe I won't say as much for acting and running as I think I've been keeping up and trying to invest my time in it.

While I still want to enjoy doing most of these activities, I really need to focus my energy on getting better at a few. That's my next goal.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I prefer "Renaissance woman".

Yolo said...

Thanks G. I do like that term...if only I were really good at one thing though :)