Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

List of Nothings, But Maybe Some Things

I thought I did nothing this past weekend, but then find out there's much to feel good about. Here's a list of accomplishments.

  • Completed a 7 mile run in approximately 58 minutes. This is most likely the longest I've ran without stopping, especially at this pace. It was painfully boring and no, I don't think I enjoyed it all that much.

  • Attended a small Guatemalan wedding where I was the ONLY non Latino person there. I really need to brush up on my Spanish.

  • Cooked a whole pot of Chinese chicken soup, which included delicious chicken leg meat, carrots, ginger, celery, onion, Shitake mushroom, chicken broth, sesame oil, Taiwan rice wine, and chicken bone. The purpose of the soup was to help cure a sore throat, and it did not seem to work too well.

  • Finalized the supposedly funny scene from the play "Moose Mating" in acting class.

  • Had Father's Day lunch - with the dad, mom, Jenny, and Gary. It went "OK" which is more than I can ask for. The one thing that made me most happy this weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pace already! Last time I did even close to an 8 min mile was early high school!! And to keep up that pace for 7 miles? Yowsa! Me jealous.

You know, "Chinese" style chicken soup don't usually have carrots and celery ... those things make it the bai-ren style. ;p

Yolo said...

I dunno, I only ran 3 miles today and was closer to 25 minutes.

Yes, I added carrots and celery for some more vegetable nutritional value. I guess it was Chinese style right before that though.