Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Defeated Queen

敗犬 is a recent term used in Japan to describe modern day women over the typical age for marriage who are fairly successful in their careers, yet single. In both Japan and Taiwan, there are more and more of these single women over the age of the 30. It's not such a bad thing and is just simply reality. It's a phenomenon I, myself am soon to experience.

There is a new drama coming out soon in Taiwan called 敗犬女王 (Defeated Queen) which really brings out the issues of this topic. I'm definitely interested in taking a look once it comes out.


Synopsis

What will happen when Shan Wu Shuang (單無雙), a 33 year old beautiful, hardworking yet single woman, meets Lucas (盧卡斯), a 25 year old romantic and handsome regular worker? There is an 8 year age difference – what kind of story would then be created? A story that will let us laugh and let us cry. I’m not defeated! I’m the Queen!

No comments: