Pages

Friday, December 12, 2008

Accidents Happen, Not So Accidently

I hope I have learned my lesson! I've been trying not to do this for a while, but sometimes I peek over and see my BlackBerry Pearl flashing a small red light, and I can't help but check the email as I am in stuck on the 60 Fwy horrifying traffic. I figured I'm only moving 15 miles per hour...what else am I gonna do? Well of course it happened. I stepped on the gas peddle, looked down on my phone, and look up only to find myself braking frantically...and boom! Yes I bumped this old red caravan ahead of me. I roll my eyes to acknowledge the disappointment I have for myself, as I wave to have him pull over to side of the freeway. Luckily I check the red car's rear end and my bumper and it looks like there's minimal damage, if any. As I greet the red car owner, this African American in his late 20's from Louisiana, he comes out to smile at me. He explained that this was the accident he got in recently and the truck that hit him is already paying for the rear end damages, and that I have nothing to worry about. He wanted to assure me to not let this accident ruin my day. I could not believe my ears. I hit a guy and he's trying to comfort me. We ended the conversation with an awkward hug and handshake. That made my morning.

No comments: