Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One of Those Strange Weekends










So this was a post that I had begun two weekends ago and never posted nor completed. For one thing I couldn't find the gist of the topic I wanted to talk about, and two, I was simply too lazy. I had one those very typical yet very not-so-typical for me type of weekend.

I had eaten at Daikokuya, that very popular ramen place in Little Tokyo, many times before, but this time I was by myself. I know, I know, that is not strange at all, but it's been a while since I've had dinner on my own at a sit down place where I literally waited for 45 mins before being seated. The biggest difference in eating on your own is you tend to eat much faster because there's no time for talk, at all. You can wander your eyes everywhere, but you can only do that so many times before other people start noticing.

The other amazing thing I accomplished is much more of a stretch. I was abandoned at the Lowes in City of Industry by my mother and sister with no car. I walked aimlessly at first, trying to search for a place to have lunch, by myself again. After gulping down my pork chop rice at a local cafe joint, and many failed attempts to call and plead for anyone to pick me up and drive me home, I finally decide I really needed to find an alternative to get back home. So I took the public bus - Foothill Transit for first time in this area. Two bus rides, $2, a short walk later, I arrived home safely. Of course it only took 1 hour and 10 minutes for what would have taken only 15 minutes to get home by car. Fun stuff. I still love public transportation, but I just hate how long it takes in the suburbs.

No comments: