Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Decisions For Evacuation













I never thought I'd have to evacuate due to a fire coming close to our home. Figuring out what to pack and bring in the car is such a hard decision making process. I first went for my clothes. Now do I pack for the purpose of staying away from home for a few days? Or do I pack as if the house might get burned down. Which dress do I really want to keep? Should I bother with most of my underwear? As if these questions in my mind weren't dumb enough. I had to decide on what items were easy-to-carry, yet expensive and harder to replace. Of course I looked hard and long at the Wii that I do not normally play at all. I know it's still hard to purchase so of course I pack along with my mini-dvs and cd collection. Those of us that live in Diamond Bar were very fortunate to have the luxury of to evacuate with our valuable belongings. We were even more fortunate that fire fighters and the weather condition allowed all homes to be safe from the fire.

Here are some articles regarding this Triangle Complex Fire:

Diamond Bar evacuees allowed to return home

Triangle Complex Firehome

Diamond Bar Evacuations Lifted, Snoop Dogg to Return Home

No comments: