Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Vancouver, Death and the Maiden, Blood Diamond

Since I haven't been posting as much lately, I figured I would combine three new updates in this entry.

Update 1: I went to Vancouver for the first time in my life this past weekend. What a beautiful city that combined city life and nature so well. Being able to stroll around a new city made me realize how much I don't take the time do that at home back in Los Angeles.


Update 2: I recently started working on a new scene from the play "Death and the Maiden" by Chilean playwright Ariel Dorfman. The lead character, Paulina Salas, was formerly raped and tortured during a period of dictatorship in the country. Now that there is change in government, her rapist, Doctor Miranda, appears at her house after helping her husband with some car trouble and she ties him up to hold him on trial. Needless to say, this character is going to require me to see what she sees and imagine what she experienced. I'm both anxious to really get into this role, and at the same time apprehensive that I won't be able to do her justice.

Update 3: Last night I saw the movie "Blood Diamond" and I really do have to say, it was amazing. It made me want to learn more about conflict-free diamonds and how the organizations and governments are trying to push for them.

No comments: