Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

Rabbit Hole

I didn't grow up learning to appreciate the theater or any type of live performance as a matter of fact. Besides an occasional field trip with school, I didn't know much about drama outside of what I knew in the movie theaters. Things have changed slightly since I was a child. It's not that I've gained some type of magical wisdom and put on my "I know better" hat on. I simply have new agendas to being there, and it certainly makes all the difference in the world. One agenda would just be to find myself immersed into a storyline so much so that you forget you are watching a play that's right in front your face. This experience can be magical and extremely moving. Another would be to become a better actor. This part, of course, I will not get into.

After watching Becca (Jennifer Ruckman) and Howie (Jonathon Lamer) trying to hold on to what they have after their 4 year old son died in an car accident in the Orange County premiere of David Lindsay-Abaire's "Rabbit Hole," playing at The Chance Theater, I just can't wait to watch my next play, whatever it may be. I also hope I can push myself further to whatever my next step shoud be.

No comments: