Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lately

Lately I've been staring in the mirror
Very slowly picking me apart
Said, I'm trying to tell myself that I have no reason
With your heart
~ Verse from Jodeci & Stevie Wonder's "Lately"

Lately there's been a slight change in me. I've been "feeling" less by "doing" more. In reality I've been in my own comfort zone for too long and it's getting scary having to stay here. I've temporarily stopped hoping for what's to come in terms of love and have been concentrating on pushing forward to keep myself going. It's strange but I find myself constantly searching for things to do that I love every single day. It's as if I don't know what those things are yet.

I am blessed, for having the chance to recognize these things and making it tangible.

*Photo of a fire we saw on the 60 FWY pass through City of Industry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe everyone searches for what makes them happy and what they would love to do. Trying different things may allow you discover what other things or activities you also enjoy. But, I am sure you already know there are certain things which you like (e.g. seeing a great play where you become immersed in the story).

Love comes when you're not looking. Or, it may be around and you just don't realize it. Did you really "give up hope" or are you just tired of looking?

Comfort zones are nice. I would think one may get bored instead of scared in a comfort zone. Well, you are pushing yourself to move forward right?