Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Void of Emotion

I didn't realize this is until after I spoke about it, but tandem skydiving is more of a physical experience than an emotional one. Prior to getting on that plane and jumping 10,000 ft from the sky, I never gave the idea much thought. I had no strong feeling about it either way: no fear, no excitement, no happiness.....nada. It simply didn't seem like a big deal, and there was no anxiety attached to it. I don't know what it was that voided me of all emotion but in the end it probably took away from the experience than anything. When I was in the air, I felt the physical sensation more than anything. I always though that maybe I'd do a lot thinking in that big sky, but that didn't happen either.

Strange thing is, everything has been that way for me lately. I'm at ease with everything, it's been an emotionless journey for some time now. Perhaps I should be thankful. Or perhaps I'm missing out big time in life.

** Photo is of me Skydiving in Casa Grande, AZ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well...I tend to think of it as your life is "peaceful" rather than a roller-coaster ride. However, I'd be super scared if I had to skydive. It depends on what people want out of life. Some just want a peaceful and quiet little life while others want to be loud, exciting, and go out with a bang. I don't think one is better than the other. Just up to people's preferences. Living life is choosing your own path and regardless of the path you choose, you are "living" life.