Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Blueberry Nights

I finally completed my mission to watch My Blueberry Nights, a film by Wong Kar Wai, one of my favorite directors. The performance by Natalie Portman and Rachel Weisz blew me away, and of course Norah Jones' character kept me wanting to know more. I won't go into detail about style or the filmmaking process, even though there's a ton to say about that. I will say that theme of this story, or stories rather, is about letting go. We often hold on to things that are so important to us that we have a hard time letting go at the moment. Timing is everything. Up until lately, I thought I was good at it. I certainly have a lot to learn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was interested in this film too since it was made by WKW and I liked In The Mood For Love. I've also watched Fallen Angels, 2046, and Happy Together. I am hesitant about this movie since it will be the first time for me to watch a WKW movie where the actors and actresses are non-Asians. There's definitely a certain mood to his movies.