Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

Swearing - The Pros and Cons

Ever since I encountered profanity as a child, I had naturally taught myself to never swear. There really wasn't a reason for it other than I simply thought it was a "bad" thing to do. So I basically grew up never cussing. It's a strange concept because I'm not against bad words at all and like hearing others use it with moderation. As a full grown adult though, especially after doing the Fat Pig scene (picture to the right), I do find the perks to using a swear word here and there.

Pros: Gets the point across period.

Cons: Just read this: http://www.cusscontrol.com/swearing.html

Conclusion: It has slowly become part of my vocabulary in my head, but I'm still afraid to show it in front of people who have known me for a long time who aren't use to hearing it from me. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree

Anonymous said...

I think people shouldn't cuss either way. just an opinion.